CHEESEY MEXICAN CASSEROLE
I saw this on Facebook awhile back and thought to myself… YES!!!! LET’S DO THIS
What you’ll need:
- 1 can kernel corn drained (15oz)
- 1 pkg taco seasonings mix
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/3 cup Mexican blend or taco cheese shredded
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained (16 oz)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- a few tomatoes (your preference – diced)
- Sliced jalapeno peppers
- 10 corn tortillas
- Brown ground beef and onions together for about 10 to 12 minutes, drain.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes and taco seasonings mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spray baking dish 2 quart 8×12 inches.
- Place half of tortillas in bottom.
- Spoon half of beef mixture on top, place sour cream over beef. Then layer last tortillas and then beef mixture.
- Place in heated 350 degree F. oven and bake for 25 minutes remove from oven and and sprinkle with cheese and add sliced jalapeno peppers on top.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or till cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve
Let me know if you try this recipe one night! I know I’ll keep you posted.. I’ll have to wait till a cheat night to devour this… I don’t think this recipe is Weight Watchers friendly! 🙂