I saw this recipe on Facebook the other day and thought I NEED to try this… My Mid-west contributor Kayla will be visiting in September and this will definitely be on our menu!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
(Looks like a lot, but I bet you’ve got a lot of this in your cabinets and fridge already)
1-1/2 pound bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled, and divided
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded) or to taste
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
1 tablespoons mustard
2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
1-1/2 cup shredded Iceberg lettuce
pepper an salt to taste
Chips, Crackers, Pita, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 11⁄2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside 3/4 cup crumbled bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, sour cream, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and mustard.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes, remaining 3/4 cup crumbled bacon and lettuce over hot dip.
- Serve immediately with toasted bread rounds, crackers, or pita chips.